Friday, August 17, 2012

Aftermath


Whew, the whirl~wind has come to an end. I am officially a single empty-nester. My daughter is now a “Mrs.” It was an exciting ride and I don’t think I am ‘normal’ yet. I have a feeling that will set in over the weekend.


I am so thankful for all of the family and friends that joined my daughter and her husband for the ceremony and reception. A celebration of a journey being started – a blessing of family and friends to share it with.

In other news, I have planted some of my native, low-watering plants in the front yard. I have solar lights along the walkway, too. It is coming along nicely. I will be planting the groundcover in the spring. I am also hoping to build raised garden beds this fall in my side yard.

I am blessed with a wonderful network of family and friends to help me through this transition of being a mom with a child at home to a mom with a married child.

Thank you everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment