Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day


My devotional this morning spoke of the renewing birth of nature each spring.  The Lord is speaking to me about my yard through these morning devotions – the past couple of weeks have focused on nature and gardens!

When I was young, my yard work experience was not of the nurturing kind and I tend to dread and resist it on a regular basis.  However, through these devotions I am seeing a different aspect of nature ~ with my yard specifically.  Although my goal is to have minimal grass, I am having native plants and wildflowers along with raised garden beds.  There will be rock with native grasses interspersed for color.  I have come to realize {on an intimate level} that each bit of green or color is from God; whether it is a weed or flower.

Thank you Lord for the beauty of your creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment