Thursday, January 9, 2014

Work



Work has been crazy over the last month with people on vacation, having surgery or out with colds/flu.  I enjoy my job when I can actually do my duties.  Filling in for others and not getting any of my own work (or little) done got a tad frustrating.

Sometimes I wonder if this is where I am supposed to be.  Is there something else out there for me?  I have to admit that I have not been praying about this; therefore, I haven’t received any answer.

Being unmarried doesn’t afford a woman to be a homemaker or work part-time or even volunteer instead of work-for-pay.  I may be in the minority, but I feel like I am missing out.  I am past the time of having more children (have a lovely 23 year old daughter); however, that doesn’t mean I am over-the-hill or meant to be an old spinster, or does it??

Praying to the Lord for guidance in all things is something I don’t always do.  Sometimes He seems so big and far away and my daily life seems so inconsequential.  I give thanks daily for His mercy and grace and need to give thanks for His guiding hand in all areas of my life.

Goodness, it is time to get on my knees and pray J

No comments:

Post a Comment