Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Oregon Trip

Mt. Hood with Mt. Jefferson in the background

I just got back from a mini-vacation.  It was peaceful and relaxing.  I always enjoy rebooting at my dad’s home.  From the front room window, I enjoy a beautiful view of Mt. Hood (weather permitting) or watching the hummingbirds and finches in the fountain turned bird bath.  They are in the Willamette Valley on a couple of acres of land.  Jeanine does a beautiful job of caring for the lawn, pasture, garden and home.

On occasion I think about moving down there but then realize that it wouldn’t be the same.  I’d have to find a job since I don’t have a husband to care for me.  Knowing that I would not have the same freedom to enjoy their home and fellowship in the same way that I am able to do when I visit.

I am blessed to have family that lives in a place of peace and beauty AND a job that has great benefits including vacation time.

2 comments: