Thursday, January 4, 2018

It's a New Year

Looking back at 2017 – it was a rough year for our family.  There was a diagnosis of dementia and the death of a loved one.  There were also family reunions and get togethers to celebrate life.

Looking ahead to 2018 – I am hoping for balance in my life and deeper relationship with the One who is full of grace and mercy.  God, family, friends – these are at the top of my list.

Life on this earth is fleeting; however, it is just the beginning of our lives as children of God.  While here we are to share the gospel with those in need.  I can’t say I’ve led anyone to Christ – my words are weak.  I pray my actions are Christ-like and that He continues to work in me and grow my ‘evangelistic’ skills.

Last year, I posted once.  This year, I hope to post numerous times.

An anonymous quote from my perpetual calendar:
                Joy is not happiness so much as gladness; it is the ecstasy of eternity
                in a soul that has made peace with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment