Thursday, February 8, 2018

A Quick Thought on Modesty and Morals



Modest dressing is easier than you may think.  I started wearing skirts/dresses only in February, 2013.  This is my 5-year anniversary and I still feel that it is the right choice for me.

I do have to mention that I recently found a company that has the softest leggings and I have purchased several to wear under my skirts/dresses.  The same company also has other clothing pieces that are modest, comfortable and fun.  I tend to wear a sweater that is elbow or wrist length with my tops/dresses as our office tends to stay on the cooler side.

As I look around this world, I am so saddened by the disintegration of morals.

The Bible says to surround ourselves with those like-minded (other Christians).  It also says we are to spread the Good News and not to judge other but to love our neighbors as ourselves.  WOW – to know we need to love all others; sometimes this can be hard.  However, if we lean on the Lord’s strength we can do anything.  I know I don’t have to agree with or condone actions; I think that is where so many get trapped--differentiating between the person and the action.

So, even with the world on a downward spiral, the best news is that the Lord wins!  He has overcome.

I will continue to dress modestly, spreading the Good News and embracing the fact that He wins – Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. It is very hard sometimes to see the lost soul in need of a Savior through the eyes of His love and not be distracted by the sinful actions. It is something to strive for and to remember. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete