Monday, March 18, 2013

Changes


I had a conversation this weekend with a lady I have known for about 25 years. We were talking about my wardrobe changes and wearing a headcovering. She asked a very good question and it made me want to share it and my response.

“What are you searching for?” “I am not searching for anything; I have already found it :-) A reason for the appearance change is that I am hoping to convey what/how I am on the inside [learning daily with help from the Holy Spirit] by my appearance on the outside."

As she has known me for many years, she wasn’t surprised or in disbelief over my answer or the changes I am making.

We had another conversation on the aspect of dating/remarriage. The Bible is firm on the stance that a man or woman may remarry if their spouse has passed away. Otherwise, it is adultery. I realize that many people (Christians included) don’t take this stance. I am intent on living my life for Christ and am not ‘looking’ for a spouse. The Lord knows what is best for me; I have been washed clean of my inequities and look to Him for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment