Friday, June 14, 2013

"Appearance" Update

It has been four months since I began my modest dressing by wearing headcoverings and ‘skirts/dresses’ only.  There was a very small adjustment period and no looking back.  I find I am most comfortable with my scarf-type headcoverings versus the three caps I have.  I always feel as if the caps were going to come off.  The freedom I feel with the skirts is wonderful.  I don’t feel ‘on display’ and worrying about how my bottom half looks to others.

I am thankful for the support of family and friends during this ‘appearance change’ and know that I would do it regardless just because I have felt led by the Lord to do so.

I am feeling restless about life and not sure why.  The Lord’s ear is probably tired of my wonderings and I need to turn my ear towards Him to hear where/what He is leading me to do.

I was reading an Amish series this week and the first book had this Amish proverb which struck me as wunderbaar (wonderful):  “Happiness is the inner joy that can be sought or caught, but never taught or bought.”  How true that is!  The Lord’s joy is elusive yet attainable by prayer and thanksgiving at all times.

Thank you Heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment