Friday, April 5, 2013

AWESOME


My devotional this morning had me stopping and really thinking of the “little” things we normally don’t think about. The verse is “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5

The corresponding thoughts: “Consider the delicate balance in the following ordinary occurrences that affect our daily lives: Hurtling through space at an average speed of 18.4 miles per second, Earth is constantly changing its position with the sun. Not only is the earth orbiting around the sun, but it’s also steadily rotating at 1,070 miles per hour. Each day, as Earth stays on her prescribed path, gravity continues to hold us to the ground, adequate fresh water exists, our hearts beat, our muscles move, our brains think, our cars continue down the road, we smile and the sun shines. God has made all these miracles and sustains them, each moment of every day! We have countless reasons to thank God for holding all things in his divine balance. Apart from God, we really can do nothing. Jesus says that when we stay connected to him in our daily lives, we will receive his power. Today, let the God who runs the universe and sustains each heartbeat connect with your life. Tap into the life that Jesus gives!”~Jennifer King

When I think of some of the things mentioned above, it stops me in my tracks. Yes, I know that ‘God is bigger than the universe’ and I truly believe that He is the Creator and Lord of my life; however, I usually go through my day not thinking about breathing, walking, talking…

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment